Re: Werewolves Was: Zombies and Skeletons in exten ded contest

From: JEFFREY KYER <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 14:37:05 -0000

> Yeah, I was wondering: why not simply treat combat against
ineffective
> weapons as an extended conflkict with no physical risk? They can
then
> suffer all sorts of things - beiong pushed off clifss, lassoed, etc,
which
> can be brought about by the AP conflict mechanism but which do not
result in
> direct injury.

Because it all devolves down to the hero's statement of intent. If a hero is not doing things interesting things like you suggest, then he's not going to be getting anywhere in the engagement. And making use of 'terrain' like that is often done at some improvisational penalties.

Oh, and the physical risk? If the Heroe's busy trying to do the 'throw off cliff' thing, I am sure the werewolf will be happily trying to disembowel him...

Jeff