Re: Re: Werewolves Was: Zombies and Skeletons in exten ded contest

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 11:14:09 +1300

Jeffrey Kyer

>That was my impression from the story. They still have the chaos curse
>but are now no longer cursed to wander without a home or territory to
>call their own (which is a terrible thing for a wolf)

>Sartar broke Talor's curse, not Nysalor's 'gift'

Talor's curse was not they be forced from a territory (the Nangtali Telmori of Dorastor have lived where they are since the 850 and there are still Telmori in Gharkor, Fronela), but they be forced to change shape once every seven days. Prior to that, they could change shape whenever they wanted to, which was Nysalor's blessing.

In HW-rules terms, I think that the cursed Telmori are born knowing the secret of their tradition without having to build three wolf talents up to one mastery each. The side effect of this is that they must change.

Telmori are forced to wander because civilized folk find it common sense to drive the Telmori as far away from them as possible.

--Peter Metcalfe