Stake limits+

From: Jonas Schiött <jonas.schiott_at_...>
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2000 19:05:18 +0100

HW-rules 00-12-06 16.25

Hate to throw a wrench in, but...

>> the reference. In my memory, the limit on a bid is the Starting
>> Action Points, which are the APs due to the the first skill used in
>> an extended contest (i.e. exclude followers and other AP boosts).
>>
>> I will try to find the reference (and it's possible it's from a
>> draft).
>
>Here you go...
>
>HW:RPiG p 129
>Heroes and villians may stake more AP than they currently have, up to
>their starting AP total.... minor villians and followers may not use

Yeah, but that rule only applies if your current AP total is _less_ than your starting AP. I can find nothing in the rules that will stop someone who is _above_ starting AP from staking every one of them. Except the roleplaying involved in describing the bid...

BTW, I don't think there _should_ be a cap on bids anyway. If you've gained a massive boost to your confidence (transfer of AP) then of course you can put more power into an attack (or whatever) than you would normally be able to. It's heroic!

Jonas Schiött
Göteborg