Re: Questions from our first session

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Sun, 07 Jan 2001 01:10:30 +0000

On Sun, 07 Jan 2001 13:48:17 +1300, Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...> wrote:

>If it's a possible feat within the Affinity, then it's normally
>allowable for the initiate at the standard penalty (-3). I don't
>see anything that requires a narrator to tack an additional
>penalty onto it other than it being a difficult task.

But like any other Improvisation, the less precisely suited the basic skill - Affinity in this case - is to the task, the greater the penalty. So long as a Feat isn't clearly totally unsuited to that deity (like a Humakti Improvising a Thunderstone), the penalty should reflect how 'un-Humakti' the Feat is.

>according to the rules. Nothing is said about whether the
>improvised feat has to be similar to a standard feat or not.

But any Improvised Feat should be compatible with the deity's likely actions and abilities, as reflected by the group of known Feats already within the Affinity. Humakt's Combat Affinity doesn't mention Axes or Thunderstones, so anyone improvising use of these through Humakt's Combat Affinity is stretching it a bit (too much in the case of Thunderstones, I'd say, I would allow Axes, but at a slightly greater penalty until cemented).

Wulf