Re: Disciples/runelords

From: Andrew Dawson <asmpd_at_...>
Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2001 00:47:04 -0500

At 05:21 PM 01/08/2001 +1300, Peter Metcalfe wrote:
>For example, I can't imagine disciples for Bevara, Odayla,
>Hedkorath or Vanganth. I doubt Issaries has disciples as I

I could see having one Disciple of Odayla at a time: the ultimate hunter. I could also see a disciple of Vanganth, especially if he is one of those Heortlings who is born with the ability to fly (RiG p. 64). It seems to me that both of these figures would be almost indistinguishable from daimones and far along the road to subcultdom.

The only problem that I see with disciples of Vanganth is that Vanganth is a subcult of Orlanth and that brings up the question you raised about the ability of great gods to have disciples. This may also rule out Vinga.

I agree with you on Bevara and Hedkoranth.

Thanks,
Andy