Re: Passion spirits & automatic augmentation

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 12:43:10 -0000

> My rule of thumb is that if the augment is for this action only,
its a
> 'free action'.

> dice). If the augment lasts the whole contest - Yinkin worshipper
grows
> claws then rips up trollkin - it takes an action to do.

I allow one sensible augment without an action - 'sensible' in that it doesn't sound like it takes time, such as using Strong to increase the Edge on a weapon, Agile to give a Bonus to Dodge, etc. However, these must use our basic augment rules, +1 (+2 edge) per 10 points of ability. Any other augments, or any augments over this basic level, need actions.

However, I have no problem allowing Feats & Spirits to be used instead of mundane abilities - using Great Blow directly instead of augmenting CC with it, for instance.

Wulf