[HeroWarsProgram] Re: Fetch abilities

From: Charles Corrigan <glorantha_at_...>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 20:59:30 -0000

Crossposted from HeroWarsProgram as it is a general animist rules question

Whoops, I rolled a 20 on my Understand Posting feat! Do you mean that the rules give the fetch a single Might rating, equal to the shamans best ability, and all of the other abilities of the fetch share that rating (i.e. those abilities are what the Hero Wars Program calls subabilities)?

My reading of the short section at the top of page 208 indicates that the fetch's might is usable by the shaman in specific circumstances (spirit world travel when crossing the barrier to/from the spirit world and blocking spirit combat) and that the fetch might have other abilities, depending on what it is. It leaves the question of how those other abilities might be treated completely undefined, which to me, indicates that they should be treated as separately rated abilities. But I am willing to be convinced otherwise...

regards,
Charles