Poison resist, alt rules files, record keeping

From: reinierd_at_...
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2001 03:05:36 -0000

Some questions about the resources in the files section. Is anyone free to post whatever they like there?

Second, would the people who developed rules for the dreaded missile combat topic mind posting their ideas there? I found them very useful and downloaded several, but it might help other newbies.

On poison resistance. (This is on the pedantic side; sorry). Should we assume a default resistance of 14 (natural world), modified by Humakti geases, "tough", and similar traits? A default of 6 seems cruelly low, and forcing characters to specifically take a Poison Resistance trait seems a little tough as well. Of course any number of other traits with or without improv modifiers could work, but does anyone think that in the absence of other relevant abilities a default of 14 would unbalance the game?

Finally, I'm finding extended contest record keeping a chore; it gets confusing who has what edge, what the AP bid was and who lost how many AP to whom. So I plagiarized Oliver and made a record keeping sheet in Excel. OK to post? Should Excel/Word be avoided?