Re: Digest Number 452

From: wulfc_at_...
Date: Wed, 07 Feb 2001 14:18:38 -0000

> > Just a quick queery, Jeff what did you mean by 'Just So' when
> talking about
> > the wood cuts, you didn't like them?

> "Just so" is a good thing

> the "Just So" stories (was it Kipling who wrote those? Someone of
> that era I believe), which are all quite wonderful in their own way.

"On the banks of the great, gray, greasy Limpopo river..." It was indeed Kipling, he wrote exceedingly good stories. Anyone who liked the cartoon Jungle Book should read the original Kipling. It would give them a nasty shock and a vastly superior story - personally I can't stand the cartoon since I read the book!

Wulf