Re: Thunder Goons - Quick Review (wandering OT)

From: John Hughes <nysalor_at_...>
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2001 09:31:26 +1100

Wulf

> Actually, barring one-off broadcasts, I don't think the Goons have
> been on radio since the very early 70's at best... I should stress, I
> am FAR too young to remember them, I only collect the cassette
> recordings by the Beeb Beeb Ceeb...

Ah but the ghost of Empire endures. Here in the far-flung colonies, our very own 'Aunty' - the ABC - broadcasts the Goons every Saturday lunchtime on Radio National, just before the Science show. Its been doing it for over 40 years.... I still have to ask my father-in-law (a Yorkshireman) to occasionally assist in translation.

John