Re: Re: How do edges and handicaps work?

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2001 08:55:54 -0800

> 1 - In a contest round, only the actor/bidders edge is considered and
> only when the actor/bidder wins
>
> except
>
> 2 - If the opposer/non-bidder takes an edge on a "defensive" skill,
> then that edge should be treated as a handicap on the actor/bidder.

Psuedocode follows, I apologize for those that aren't code geeks:

Variables:
AAPLoss = Amount of AP lost by the attacker DAPLoss = Amount of AP lost by the defender Bid = AP Bid (What the player actually says he bids) OE = Offensive edge (Total edge the attack has) DE = Defensive Edge (Total handicap the defense imposes on attacker)

WpnR = Weapon Rank
ArmR = Armor Rank
OMgE = Offensive Magic Edge (Offensive Edges from magic - Feats, spells,
etc)
DMgE = Defensive Magic edge (Defensive Edges from magic - Feats, spells, etc)
OMnE = Offensive Mundane Edge (you know...) DMnE = Defensive Mundane Edge

OE = WpnR + OMgE + OMnE
DE = ArmR + DMgE + DMnE

If (Defender must lose AP) then
DAPLoss = (Bid + (OE - DE) ) * RX