Re: Rampant sex descrimination

From: Julian Lord <julian.lord_at_...>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 15:31:05 +0100

Wulf:

> I finally noticed that there is now a definite statement that all
> Orlanth Initiates and Devotees must be male, and all Ernaldan
> Initiates must be female. I guess this must be an Orlanthi 'all', as
> it's directly contradicted by the Orendana the Queen writeup, which
> says "...many women leaders worship Dar the Leader...".

Yes, that's pretty definite : however, you should certainly remember that Thunder Rebels is about the *Heortlings*. Probably, the Esrolians discriminate just as much, but the Helerings of Maniria certainly don't, and as for the Alakorings, who knows ?

It's only an Orlanthi "all" for the idea that "all" Orlanthi are like those described in TR ST & SR. Not so, but most Heortling clans of Sartar certainly are.

Julian Lord