Re: Path Of Immanent Mastery

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2001 11:48:51 +1300

At 11:58 28/02/01 -0500, you wrote:

>I believe that is what it is called. In RQ Elder Secrets, it was (I
>believe ) Theist or Spirit spells that allowed you to take on Draconic
>Aspects, similar mechanically (IIRC to Hsunchen(sp).

Gods of Glorantha treated the spells as Divine magic but Richard Meints reports in his index that Sandy was always dumping on it afterwards. But the metamorphoses were different from the Hsunchen transformations.

>In HW, would it be
>Mystical Magic instead? Would it be considered Draconic Magic?

It is false draconic magic, ultimately soul-destroying. Its keyword won't be similar to the martial artist rules in HW:RiG but how it should be treated is a tricky issue.

>Is it present in Dragon Pass?

There are Kralori present in Dragon Pass but AFAIK they do not include the Immanent Masters among them. Immanent Mastery is at best a cult of commie subversives opposed to the ruling draconic order.

--Peter Metcalfe