Re: Re: Forming a Wyter

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2001 23:14:14 +1300

At 09:54 1/03/01 +0000, you wrote:

> > They can form a clan, no problem, but the clan founder and the
> > wyter are two distinct entities.

>I am not convinced of this. KOS p245 talks of the tension
>between "Lokamaydism" and the "Foundation Ritual" and _could_ (but
>not necessarily _should_) be read as indicating that someone that
>performs the the Foundation Ritual is worshipped during their own
>lifetime.

It merely says "aggrandizement", not founder-worship. If a founder was worshipped as a result of the Foundation Ritual, then TR would have mentioned it.

>But the foundation of an entirely new clan is a rare
>enough event that this should not have too much effect until the late
>stages of a campaign where a character is already a Hero.

The formation of new clans and tribes are fairly common events. Quite a lot of them were created when Dragon Pass was colonized and there's a number of mentions of this in KoS. Yet we don't hear about the special cults to the founders of those clans.

> > > Do these founder figures have any influence on the Wyter after
> > > they die?

> > No.

>Yes.

They can't have any effect because they are dead. Changing the powers of the Wyter is something that can only be done by the living.

--Peter Metcalfe