Re: Fyrd stats

From: Jeff <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2001 13:14:24 -0000

That works for me. However, I'd also point out that the troops can be inspired by Oratory (mass augment), Lead Fyrd or any of an number of affinities -- and that increases all their (probably 17 in my game)Combat skill and the AP they provide.

And of course there's also any augments they manage or rituals preformed before the battle.

My own take on the fyrd is that they are 17 Close Combat, Spear ^3 & Shield with lousy armour ^2... And I give them an initiate keyword at 13 (or 7 as well) -- just the sort of followers you'd get a 5w skill level. (The minimum a PC hero can get)

Jeff