Re: Stormapples and Windberries

From: rmv1_at_...
Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2001 15:30:20 -0000

But for Stormapples, I might like to say something like "They're eaten before ceremonies in Earth season, where they lend their special magic to the harvest rituals" and let the players come up with appropriate uses from there. I'd probably say the Windberries normally make you more 'wind-like' or 'let you express your inner wind'. If the players do something especially appropriate with them, I give them a positive modifier; if they do something inappropriate, I give it a penalty or disallow it.

> Charles Corrigan's character picked up a fine Esrolian broach at a
> market - now the point in the episode was really the haggling for
> the item, not the item itself (Mcguffin) - but Charles wanted to
> list it, so he sepnt a hero point to cement it. Maybe it is just a
> fine broach, maybe not - only somebody's session at some point in
> the future will tell. Similarly Bruce's character decided to use a
> hero point to list a corn dolly he won in a wrestling contest.
Unfortunately, some of my players cannot (yet) be trusted with this much power over the storyline. I may need to be energetic with the vetoes...

Roland