Re: Stormapples and Windberries

From: Julian Lord <julian.lord_at_...>
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2001 12:09:05 +0100

Bruce :

> It's one of the only way a player gets free reign with their
> creativity over a part of the setting - they get to define the cool
> magical McGuffin/special feat/esoteric knowledge themselves. And as a
> Narrator, you can get some cool stories out of it. And it even takes
> some of the burden of making everything up away from the Narrator.

Yeah ! This is something that I've always looked for in RPGs : surprises from my players.

It is a weak point (for my own taste) in HW:RiG that Narrator control of everything is so strongly encouraged ; and it is a very good point in TR that so many cool powers are handed over to the players.

Great job, guys !

Julian Lord

--
... Four happy days bring in
Another moon ... but O, methinks how slow