Re: From: [HeroWars] Venerate (saint)

From: Peter Larsen <plarsen_at_...>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2001 22:10:09 -0800

>Peter Larsen:

>> >Because then it will be just as easy to curse a whole nation as it is
>> >to curse one foe.
>
>>Well, of course not, but it ought to be as easy to curse a nation as bless
>>a nation.
>
>Why should it be as easy for the Ecclesiarch of Loskalm to curse
>the Kingdom of War as to bless Loskalm?

        Because the act is the same. The blessing might be easier becasue of additional factors -- familiarity, non-resisting targets, etc.

>>My point is: why have no "# of target mods" for blessings?
>
>To make it much easier to bless congregations, perhaps? This
>is something very difficult to do in other magic systems but
>it's dead easy for the Malkioni.

        I'll buy this, especially after the explaination that one point of Malkioni worship services is to make the congregation one and avoid multiple target modifiers. Actually, that explaination makes the whole process make sense (at least to me). Thanks to everyone for their efforts.

Peter Larsen