Minor System Questions

From: Russell Hoyle <rsimonh_at_...>
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2001 19:51:06 +0800

Playing my weekly game (now using HW rules), the following issues arose: [I did check the FAQ and other resources on www.glorantha.com/hw]

1.AVERAGE ATTRIBUTES
While I understand that non-defined attributes are 6...what about average strength...eg if someone had no strength-related keyword or ability, would that mean they were Strong 6?? Doesn't seem right somehow.....

**My take(s): Either I just lump em in as 13 (like a cultural keyword) or I
treat 6 as average (which is less than default resistance of 14 <== does this only apply to magic tasks?), and just have lots of simple contests.

2. MASTERY AND TIES
Adam is 10W in wrestling
Bill is 10 in wrestling

If A rolls a 1, he gets a critical success (cant bump higher). If B rolls a 1, he gets a critical success.

Is this a tie even though Adam has the extra mastery?

**My take: From reading the rules I suspect this is the case...so in this
instance, mastery has no advantage?

More as we progress......
Rusty