Re: Re: Leaving the hero plane

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2001 17:38:26 +0000

On Fri, 23 Mar 2001 16:34:43 -0000, "Jeff" <jeff.kyer_at_...> wrote:

>heroquest. There's many a hero languishing in some hell who was unable
>to escape from his quest. These quests are extremely dangerous and
>not to be trifled with. I find that with the advent of HW, such
>quests are being treated in a more cavalier fashion. A pity, really.

I find great difficulty in believing HQ are so dangerous when we're told our characters regularly (at LEAST annually) are visiting the God's World, were Initiated on a form of HQ, and that these are not important enough to HAVE to be played out, but can be assumed to have happened safely off-camera. Are these regular visits simply made easier by familiarity? Can a path back and forth be made easer by repetition? Like DEATH said in Terry Pratchett's Discworld when yet another soul escaped, "I may as well install a revolving door!"

Wulf