Re: Re: Community Support funkiness

From: Benedict Adamson <badamson_at_...>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2001 09:40:35 +0100

> Bryan Thexton wrote:
>
> >Taking action ahead of time to boost relationships,
> >plus using things like leadership or orate to full
> >effect could gain the heroes a slightly larger bonus,
> >while neglecting this sort of thing and just taking
> >it all for granted could easily result in a less than
> >expected bonus.

Using multiple abilities means, in game terms, an extended contest or some kind of augmentation. Any mechanic that allows augmentation can include the effects of abilities such as Leadership and Oratory. I think requiring an extended contest to determine the level of support is a bad thing: a Narrator might want to move on to the HQ itself. But the option should always be there.