Re: attacked followers

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 10:31:28 -0700

> How do we handle followers being attacked in their own right? Say you had
> follower, adding to your AP total - and then they themselves get
> specifically attacked. Lets say that our intrepid hero, Bob, is engaged
in
> a skirmish with some lunars, when a Lunar reinforcements arive right
behind
> Bobs follower, Jim. They attack Jim, rather than attacking Bob directly,
as
> Jim is closer.
>
> Do we treat this as an attack on Bob, or on Jim? If Bob and Jim have
> different equipment, whose Edge ratings are taken?

Jim is not considered a seperate entity, he is "part" of Bob.

It's still an attack against Bob, and counts against Bob's AP, Jim doesn't have any AP - he's merely a follower, and has "given" his AP to Bob. It is Jim's duty to block additional attacks against his boss (he negates 1 "additional enemy" penalty). It's a tough life as a follower!

The narrator can decree that followers drop out of the fight as the AP of the *Unit* loses their AP. - if Jim contributes 17 AP to Bob, then when Bob loses 17 AP Jim can be considered "out of the fight" - see HW 139-140 for "Followers in extended Contests".

Now if the follower is not contributing to the contest ("Jim is hiding in the tent", "Jim is riding off to get help when he is attacked" ), then he can be considered "detached" from his boss, and his own abilities are used.

RR