daimonic dryads (etc)

From: bethexton_at_...
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 17:32:53 -0000

Anaxial's Roster contains a whole chapter on nature spirits, from humble tree spirits up to fairly high level genus loci in the forms of nymphs (including dryads). These are clealy spirts as in the animast traditions, as is made clear by a number of references there (like returning to the spirit plane when killed).

Since the publication of Anaxial's Roster it has been made clear by Greg that some parts of the world are theistic, some are essential, and some are animast, and that the predominant form of "spirit" being in those areas belonging to the correct type.

Soooooo.....in theistic lands, for instance, are the woods much less magically inhabited, are they inhabited by lots of spirit-world type spirits, or do they have an equivalent population of daimones with similar roles and powers? (....or something else entirely?).

I'm hoping some of you have understood this better than I have. I post this to the rules list rather than the general list because I consider the main impact to be of a rules nature. i.e. you are out in the woods and have to deal with *something* in that grove. What is the appropriate ability?

Regards;

--Bryan