Re: Many heroes against one big nasty beast

From: sigaud_at_...
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 13:34:23 -0000

> > you can't have a PC deciding to use its initial '5W' in something
> like
> > 'Bigger man in the clan 5W'. And why not ?
>
> Not quite the same thing. Bigger than any man in the clan is
'bigger
> than anyman in the clan' and COULD be size if you wanted it to be.

And what about Large 5W, if the player decide to call it that ? I wouldn't consider it as saying that the character is big as an horse...

> How else would you define it? I'd be interested to know what else it
> COULD be.

Well, I don't have a clear idea. (And none of the PCs in my group have anything resembling size IIRC). I was just trying to understand this particular point of rule.

For me, any ability represents 'how well you know to use this'. So Strong 5W means you have learnt to use your strength particularly well, and Large 5W also (to get leverage, use your weight or whatever).
I'd the impression that was more or less the case for any ability, so why a strictly defined sense for Large, using it as a SIZ rating in RQ ?
Not that it changes anything in particular during play. Well sorry if I cannot explain it any better. I never really thought about this abilty before.

Philippe