Raven Banner Re: [HeroWars] carrion birds

From: tim_at_...
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 16:05:05 -0000

> There are a few ways to do it. It could allow a special bonus to
> Fyrd Combat based on either the power of the daimon in the banner

>(Say, 5w3) which can augment the entire fyrd (no multiple target

> penalty as it targets 1 fyrd) BUT means the banner bearer has
> DOUBLE that as _penalty_ and must lead the battle from the front
> line.

I quite like this one. Especially the "must lead from the front" bit - Does he take the penalty immediately - that is nasty, as I suspect that loosing the banner will be a very bad thing!

> Or it allows the banner wearer to augment the entire
> fyrd with his Close Combat or Relationship to Clan (how much they
> care about him...) but I'd prefer the banner bearer to be a warrior
> rather than 'everyone's favorite doddering uncle with his
> Clan Relationship: 10w2' holding the banner

If he doesn't have a sufficiently good Close Combat, he's likely to loose the banner fairly quickly, and letting your enemies carry a Warband Wyter that "guarantees victory" is not going to do your morale much good...