Re: About Anaxials Roster, and the otherworlds

From: Nick_at_...
Date: Tue, 01 May 2001 14:27:19 -0000

Peter Metcalfe wrote:

> My own take on the Invisible Measure is at:

And it's a very fine take, too, and one I'd use. More akin to my own western heroquesting notions than the dull cyberspace-led metaphors the rules invite.

(see www.etyries.com/malkioni/westqest.htm for more on these)

> But it's basically what can be found on the Spell Plane rather
> than what it looks like.

For my part, I was looking at how these things might be perceived, and specifically at how the ULTRA-measurable otherworld of the Sorcerers would differ in fundamental ways from the NON-measurable otherworld of the Theists.

OK: let's replace those pop-up boxes that David Cake dislikes with unrolling scroll sections containing apposite scriptural quotations, identifiers and the like. Make parts of the Saint Plane look like a stained-glass window. Have colour-coded point-and-click halos to identify people of particular interest... :-)

Essentially, turn the graphic conventions of mediaeval religious art into a living set of semiotic referents on the Invisible Measure!

Cheers, Nick