Re: HPs and normal abilities house rule.

From: Olli Kantola <nysalor_at_...>
Date: Fri, 4 May 2001 22:43:34 +0300 (EEST)

On Fri, 4 May 2001, Jeff wrote:

> I agree, I think that something'w rong with Ollie's math. But facing a
> fyrd on their home ground with a Starkval who HAS THE SECRET is pretty
> rough.

Maybe you should check Tim Ellises message. As a matter of fact it's almost inpossible to beat such clan unless you got Dorgarsi to bakc you up or if you havesuperrior weaponthanes.

> I have been playing for 1.5 years and NONE of us are even close to
> getting their secrets (except the bear-guy. He's probably only got 80

Well, if the bloke is just a regular Orlanthi, then he still gets the ^20 edge, but doesn't get to give it to the whole fyrd.

> I'd be wary of changing the game before one even plays it.

Hmm. I guess that you maybe right. It was too hasty, but then again HPs unbalance the game the most in the beginning. They canmore than double your skill, so I think that I will lift the restrictions slowly. Did I mention that they PCs had their highest abilities in the 1W-5W range?

Olli Kantola