Re: Re: Disciples: 10W relationship with followers

From: Graham Robinson <gjr_at_...>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2001 12:41:06 +0100 (BST)

On Mon, 21 May 2001 Nick_at_... wrote:

> Tim wrote:
>
> >> This leads to a second question. I don't have the book to hand
> >> but it does mention that the disciple loses all relationships
> >> except the relationship with the supporters. I think that this
> >> goes too far.
>
> > Even Superheroes have best friends...
>
> Excellent point. Over to Greg?

But Disciples aren't Superheroes, they are Gods. Or at least as close to that as the compromise allows.

And as such, yes they have best friends, but their best friend is Orlanth, Barntar, Issaries, whoever. Their friends from their mortal, forgotten days are irrelevant to them now.

Of course there will be exceptions to this, but only for those others who also dwell on the same level as the disciple. An appropriate relationship to an Eurmali would stay almost by default, for instance.

Becoming a disciple is as close to the great secret as followers of most gods can get. It doesn't quite remove you from existence, but it brings you pretty close.

Cheers,
Graham

--
Graham Robinson			The Stableyard - Internet Solutions
gjr_at_...		http://www.thestableyard.net