Re: Broad abilities

From: Michael Schwartz <mschwartz_at_...>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 23:33:35 -0400

Tim Ellis wrote:

>Either you have an unrealistic "generic close combat"
>skill or you list every weapon/style known at it's own
>modifier

Or you could do what fourth edition ARS MAGICA did and make broader fighting techniques like "Weapon with Shield", "Single Weapon" or "Longshaft Weapon" the norm, or even use something like "Blunt Weapons", "Cutting Weapons" and "Thrusting Weapons". There are *many* possible solutions to the Close Combat problem.

--
Michael Richard Schwartz | Language is my playground,
mschwartz_at_... | and words, its slides and