Subject: sorcery

From: Thom Baguley <t.s.baguley_at_...>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2001 14:23:16 +0100

> From: David Cake <dave_at_...>
> Its not you. Sorcery seems to me to be roughly equivalent to
>theism, only much more expensive. Inexplicably so.
> Its like there was a worry that someone might want to use it,
>so it had to be made less attractive.
> Same cost as increasing an Affinity would be fine, and cost
>of a spell the same as the cost of a feat. Sorcerers seem to have
>about as many Grimoires as devotees have Affinities, and each
>Grimoire has as many spells as an affinity has feats, and they are
>about as useful. But they cost twice as much, and you don't get to
>improvise. Anyone want to tell me why?

Well. We seem to be thinking along the same lines. To expand, Sorcery has:

Distavantages: high HP cost, less ability to improvise Advantages: better range, multiple target modifiers and so on

These seem unbalanced. I'd either reduce the HP cost or give sorcery more advantages than at present.

On the other hand I've not had experience of PC sorcerors (NPCs are OK).

Thom