Re: sorcery

From: David Cake <dave_at_...>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2001 23:27:36 +0800

>On Thu, 21 Jun 2001, David Cake wrote:
>
>> of a spell the same as the cost of a feat. Sorcerers seem to have
>> about as many Grimoires as devotees have Affinities, and each
>> Grimoire has as many spells as an affinity has feats, and they are
>> about as useful. But they cost twice as much, and you don't get to
>> improvise. Anyone want to tell me why?
>> Cheers
>> David
>
>Indeed. Spells are much more limited than feats, and researching a spell
>requires several masteries, whereas any devotee can make up his own
>feats and just pay 1 HP to cement it.
>
>Parhaps if a grimoire cost 2 HP they would be about equal.
>
>6 HP would be about right for starting a grimoire of your own...

        To tell the truth, I don't care that much about the cost of starting a new Grimoire - if this has to be left in to satisfy the Conservative Tribesmen, fine. The real game breaker is the cost to increase a Grimoire, which should be the same as the cost to increase an Affinity.

        Spells costing double feats is not even that big a deal, though it does seem inexplicable to me, as spells are so close in effect to feats.

	Cheers
		David