Re: Re: Big spirit dudes

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2000 23:52:45 +1200

Wulf Corbert:

>However, this leads to a funny
>situation with some Traditions. Hsunchen, for instance, have to
>Integrate, but, like you say, it makes more sense to do so by force,
>which seems a rather unfriendly way to treat friendly spirits!

The Hsunchen were originally indistinguishable from their totem but then Trickster took a knife and now they look like people. The spirits floating about are lost parts that must be integrated before they can recover their animal self.

I can certainly see a case for a Hsunchen having a skill to convince a totemistic spirit that he's actually part of the Hsunchen and use this instead of spirit combat. What this skill would be would be dependant on the totem.

>I guess Ancestor Worshippers don't Integrate much either.

You end up like Norman Bates IMO.

--Peter Metcalfe