Re: Getting the chop

From: KYER, JEFFREY <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2000 17:44:36 -0400

Wulf Corbett wrote:

> Hi
> I'm just watching a documentary on TV about a Roman execution by
> beheading at Stonehenge (that's the current theory, the documentary
> hasn't finished), and I was wondering... What methods of execution are
> common in Glorantha? KoDP give you lots of chances to sacrifice or
> execute captives or thralls, but, alas, no gory details :)
> Does everyone just get the quick chop? Has any detail been put in
> print of common or special executions in various cultures (Orlanthi
> and Lunar being the obvious ones I'd be likely to use)?
>
> Wulf

The Lunars are fond of crucifixion. Its a good cure for bagpipe use, I admit.

The Solar types seem to use theirs in ritual combat. If you're a criminal, you're probably a rebel. That mans you can get goon'd in their high-cost rituals. If you survive, you're free if I recall.

Trolls do the same but you don't usually survive.

Orlanthi might just kill you. No muss, no fuss, just die. After you leave the tula, of course. But the ritual option might work too.

Jeff