Re: Myths are getting plain silly

From: contracycle <gamartin_at_...>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2002 12:45:40 -0000

Well, that weas the issue from the outset. I feel HW is thin on usable, descriptive cultural material, and this is a weakness in the product line IMO. My comments have no relevance beyond that point.

> (2) Any post mentioning relativism is getting somewhat deep for the
> supposed introductory focus of this list.

I agree. I would suggest, however, that if understanding this point is necessary for making use of HW, then it will not much be made use of except by those who already understand the point. This is partly way I think HW would benefit from a lesser emphasis on mythology and concentrate on things that are more easily accessible to the newbie.