Re: Digest Number 756

From: sir_ethilrist <stefan.drawert_at_...>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2002 19:56:42 -0000

> But not very different at all from the way the vikings believed
> the world was, or the way they depicted their world in various
> legends and sagas. Beowulf, for example.

good point.
I'll have to dig out the latter, for I'm not quite sure about the amount of "daily" magic which shows up in the story. Glorantha has plenty of it, so sometimes [in weak moments] something just slips my mind/imagination and doesn't get mentioned, and afterwards I feel like "cheating" my players & myself. it's like describing a medieval town and forgetting the inn...

> RQ3 Vikings was pretty good in this respect. It also had material
> on scandanavian moots, travell, law, etc.

dig out, the 2nd time.
had almost forgot about it.
but sure, Vikings was/is great. although I hadn't thought of using it for Glorantha until now. but, IIRC some time ago somebody on this list hinted at Vikings, too. I didn't do as I was told ;)
no cookie.

cheers,
Stefan