What?.......We're staying in Pavis?

From: Barry Redmond <bredmond02_at_...>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2002 20:40:16 +0000

Simon Hibbs:

>Yes, we all want more detail, but what detail is actualy
>preventing you from running or playing in a game?

Well, how about a map of the campaign area; a gazetter of important places in Sartar; details on the Lunar occupation, with particular emphasis on its impact on Orlanthi religion; details on Sartarite contacts with Pavis/Prax (since most HW play I'm aware of still takes place there and existing PCs may need moved); and finally some scenarios which involve a sense of discovery, intrigue, humour and of course (whisper it) violence. And which don't involve rugs. Hell, even two or three of these would get me started.

I've been waiting 15+ years to run a RQ2/RQ3/HW game in Sartar to the same standard of detail, and with the same scenario support, as was afforded to Pavis, Prax, Balazar and even Dorastor. Three HW books down the line and I still feel I can't bloody start.

In all honesty, if I presented my players with the two major scenarios in BA as the beginning of something they'd waited so long for, I'd be lynched. These are not *bad* scenarios, not at all. In fact as interesting short scenes or as part of a strong Orlanthi set they'd be absolutely fine. However as the 'main event' (so to speak) in a book called 'Barbarian Adventures' they are, quite simply, inadequate.

I'll wait until I see 'Orlanth is Dead' before I call it a day, but honestly, HW needs scenarios. And fast.

Barry