Heroquest vision

From: Jonas Schiott <jonas.schiott_at_...>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 00:32:54 +0100

Garreth 02-02-18 13.29:
>> If I HeroQuest, I see through the vision of HeroQuest. I look at
>> the sun, I see Elmal. I look at the storm, I see Orlanth. I look at
>> Kero Fin, I see the great mother.  The earth beneath my feet is
>> Ernalda. But only if that is my expectation.

> People have been urging that the term relativism should not be
> employed in this regard; may I ask what term you would use to
> describe the above behaviour.

It's not behaviour. It's perception. HeroQuesters expect to see what the myths have told them they will see. They don't have any options. At least 99.9% of all HeroQuesters have no idea that there is anything else to see. There is no need for any special terminology.

> How am I supposed to interpret myths that
> make contradictory claims?

As different versions of a story.

Jonas Schiött
Göteborg