Re: Re: Another Myth take [from HeroWars]

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 20:21:43 +1300

At 12:57 20/02/02 -0800, you wrote:
>Julian:

> > Theists do not 'channel' divine power. They're not sorcerors.

>I read this just after popping off a 'What is Glorantha Like' post that I
>suspect came close to advocating just this.

The Orlanthi at least would not think of channeling power. Instead they tend to say "Ernalda has enriched our harvest" and "Issaries inspired my speech and impaired his vision" (both examples from p16-17 of the Players book: Genertela).

On another level, channelling has the implication of receiving the magic from a distance which I think is incorrect. Instead the hero is sharing himself with his god. Where a devotee walks, so too does his god. When a hero sees the winds, his divinity sees its colours.

>How would you describe heroforming then?

"Vogarth entered me and filled my body with his might..."

--Peter Metcalfe