Re: What Issaries should publish

From: Benedict Adamson <badamson_at_...>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 10:26:07 +0000

issaries [Rick Meints] wrote:
> In a nutshell, I would like to see a product like Griffin Mountain
> produced for Sartar. It contains great maps, a nice gazetteer, loads
> of NPCs, adventures of varying length and scope, nice bits on cults,
> trade, and regional history, a wide variety of encounters, and just
> enough demographics to put it into perspective.
> Let me ask all of you this: Would you buy books approximately done to
> the standard and scope of Griffin Mountain

I doubt whether Issaries Inc. would publish this. They have a story arc to follow, and further along that arc, tiny details about Sartar don't matter.

The irony is, that the people who write these things (detailed campaign information) don't need it (they can evidently make it up themselves).

So far, we already have detailed or moderately detailed information for various bits of Sartar published:
the Colymar (from KoS),
the Lismelder (TotRM),
the Cinsina (? Wesley et al, in one of the Tentacles), the Torkani (Trotsky, on his web site),
Boldhome (the RMMC Rough-guide),
the Fire Bull clan of the Sambari (my web site), the Voroni clan (Wesley's PBEM game at his web site) (and others, no doubt).

Would a cleaned up version of this information be suitable, or are you asking for something substantially different?

Everyone who has ever Narrated a clan-level HW camapaign already has background information and episodes. Is it a simple mattre of getting this stuff into the public domain?