Re: What Issaries should publish

From: sir_ethilrist <stefan.drawert_at_...>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 13:56:46 -0000

for the risk of sounding like an unteachable nagger :p

 mark wrote:

> When you watched 'Gladiator', were you captured by the storming
> battle scene at the opening, or were you wondering about the social
> structure from which those barbarian warriors had been drawn?

after 512 pages of background material solely on heortling culture, believes and myths [not even taking into account what's in GIttHW, KoS & BA!] you are seriously going to tell me this?

hell yes - I WOULD have liked to get Hero Wars as it as intended by its designer in the first place [or at least what I think he intended it to be] - fast & furious, READY-TO-PLAY action gaming full of myth and wonder. just as the battle you've mentioned... and best of all - most easy to comprehend for newcomers, systemwise AND settingwise.

[in those days I thought eventually it would come out as a "feng shui meets pendragon meets glorantha]

I like everything on Glorantha, maybe even every way it's done, and will presumably ever do so.

but if there's something going in the direction of "skip the cultural details, roll the dice!" I'd be the first to join the front row to support this!

seriously,

stefan