Re: styles.

From: kmnellist_at_...
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 15:22:31 EST

In a message dated 20/02/02 09:45:22, you write: Nils lists some types of games:

<< * "Farmer campaign"
> * Intrigue and politics
> * Swashbuckling adventure,
> * Wargaming.
> * ??? More?

I admit to trying and failing to interest players in a farmer type campaign. I had to enliven it by resorting to swashbuckling adventure. My most extreme failing was when I had the character's uncle go bad and sacrifice the rest of the family in the evil Ritual of Feng Meng, just for kicks. Another tendency is for mere swashbuckling to escalate into full scale war, based on the idea that, for example, if there are, for example, broos pillaging then the Chief/King/General is going to want to get rid of them as much as the PCs. My players would tend to spend as much time as they could lobbying the guy in charge to send in his battalions rather than go themselves.

For my current HW campaign the players constantly whinge "why doesn't Lord Pavis do it himself?" failing to realise that Lord Pavis getting them to do something is Lord Pavis's best way of getting it done. (I must be at fault here, but don't like to admit it)

Keith