Re: God question

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 12:34:17 -0800

> >Me confused. Who's Nontraya, then?
>
> Dunno. But that he has Ernalda's Body in the Underworld
> suggests that he is not Argan Argar (Surface Darkness).
> A possibility might be Mee Vorala (Dark Being feeding of
> the Dead Earth).

Nontraya is a manifestation of Death with some Darkness overtones. It's not really a distinct being, more a name for anything Death+Darkness related (from a private conversation with Greg before last Tentacles, so I may be misremembering). So on Shroud Day, when Nontraya comes to take away Ernalda's body, anything could show up, from a Zorak Zoran warband, to a Darkness Spirit, to a Sorcerous Shade. All the celebrants know is that it is Ernalda's "death", and that it has connections to darkness.

RR