Re: Hu's Who?

From: charlescorrigan <glorantha_at_...>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 22:02:39 -0000

> I think not; Issaries doesn't steal; what he does wrong from
> Humakt's POV is to communicate and travel across boundaries
> where he should not go. He violates the laws of separation
> between the living and the dead that Humakt created and
> enforces. Not to mention that Trade and Honor don't exactly
> comport well with each other -- he is always making offers
> that Humakt must reject. In that way, from the POV of Humakt,
> Issaries is a tempter. To be like Humakt is to reject those
> temptations.

My POV on Issaries/Hu of the Silences/Humakt enemity is that Issaries was defeated during the Lifebringers quest (later the Lightbringers quest) by an aspect of death that ultimately was defeated and destroyed by the success of the Lifebringers quest. That aspect was death as total destruction (i.e. no-one could communicate with the dead, even as ancestors). Now Humakt is concerned only with the act of separation and Issaries has taken on the mantle of psychopomp guiding the dead (i.e. Humakt is finished with them) to their correct destination.

regards,
Charles