Re: Muckraker Wars ?

From: nichughes2001 <nick.hughes_at_...>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 09:24:29 -0000

> Personally I preferred the film... the book was good, but HUGE and
> bit sprawling. None of the criticisms I read before I saw it really
> seemed to be important watching it (especially the Cave Troll...).

I thought the cave troll detracted from the build-up to the Balrog - by the time the Balrog turned up my wife's reaction was "not another monster!". It was cool in itself but I'm not sure it contributed much to the overall dramatic flow of the film.

> The real question is, did Legolas Augment Ranged Combat (Archery)
> using Close Combat (Arrow in the eye), or vice versa?

I'd say he augmented his Ranged Combat (Archery) with his Quick (or Elven Speed or somesuch) attribute. Of course Legolas is probably augmenting an ability that's 10w3 in the first place which is why those orcs were dropping so fast.

That scene is quite good for visualising what happens when a horde of trooper level opponents take on a small group of "best in tribe" or "best in kingdom" level heroes.

> Or is it some secret Aldryami magic?

Or just a few hundred years practice.

--
Nic