Alone (was: Re: Sartar city sizes?)

From: bethexton <bethexton_at_...>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 15:35:15 -0000

> > > Alone - 1,000 - 500
> > > Jonstown - 1,500 - 2,000
> > > Wilmskirk - 1,000 - 1,500
> > > Swenstown - 1,000 -1,000

In Barbarian Adventures it states that Alone is small, barely even a city at all. Yet the above numbers suggest that, not so long ago in 1610, it was actually the same size as Wilmskirk and Swenstown, and not so much smaller than Jonstown--all considered respectable cities.

Also, I was surprised to see Alone get smaller, I had the impression that its area had actually become more populated, with the three tribes forming its confederation all having moved there to flee Harvar Ironfist.

Finally, I'm actually surprised to see that it even existed in 1610. If the tribes just moved there (sometime after the crushing of the Righteous Wind in 1611), why was there a city there already? I'd assumed that when they moved there they attempted to build a city, but their small size and limited resources and isolation had resulted in it being somewhat pathetic. But these numbers suggest that there was already a city there on par with important locations like Wilmskirk. So I'm wondering when and why Alone was founded?

--Bryan