Re: More random stead questions

From: KYER, JEFFREY <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 11:44:40 -0500

> At 3:32 PM +0000 3/11/02, Benedict Adamson wrote:
>
> >huts. To a first approximation, I'd say one longhouse per carl
> >family. That carl family would have some associated thralls or
> >cottars, but only the carl family would sleep in the longhouse
> >itself.

Anyone who's dealt with a deep winter and inadequate insulation would know what a wonderful heat source warm bodies make... and the more, the better. I think that most folks would live in the long house but work areas and barns would be outside it.

We don't have fiberfoam insulation to wedge into the chinks in the logs either. =)

Jeff