Re: Lhankhor Mhy book protection

From: themalum <rmv1_at_...>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 00:22:17 -0000

> I still doubt that there are a lot of modern library
> issues -- there will not be enough items for an elaborate
> classifications system.

That's the thing, I think a lot of the writings hoarded in the LM libraries are likely holdovers from earlier ages, when using magic to maintain the integrity of written works may have been more widespread (or perhaps their bookmaking technology was just better). If you look at the LM documentation we have evidence of (from the RQ and HW produycts) you'll find their creation dates range widely. Aside from the Jonstown Compendium, most of the rest are hundreds of years old, dating from before the reoccupation of Sartar. Would the LM sages fleeing from Heortland really be able to drag their extensive libraries with them so far? Or have the materials that make up the city libraries be more likely either found in EWF ruins in Sartar or brought (stolen? reclaimed?) from other sources nearby.

To me the image of a pot full of old scrolls being unearthed by an Orlanthi farmer is a plot seed that never stops germinating...

Roland