Re: The Ratuki

From: Nils Weinander <nils_w_at_...>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 16:39:08 +0100

Ram�n Domingo:

> �There is something new about the hsunchen-shark, the ratuki?. I only
> have this information by Sandy Petersen, extracted fron a finish webpage:

As Trotsky suspects, the Ratuki are not really Hsunchen. The real Ratuki are were-sharks but they have a different origin from the true hsunchen.

The Ratuki were originally the people of Tamanjary in the East Isles. In the first age, Tamanjary was an important island, with a large and warlike population. The Tamanjaryans worshipped their island goddess Tomikaratra and her spouse, the shark god Ratuk*.

When a coalition of Waertagi and Vormaini attacked the East Isles there was a great battle near Tamanjary. The Vormaini managed to slay the goddess Tomikaratra and the island Tamanjary was sunk by horrors from the depth of the ocean, summoned by the Waertagi. A fleet from Mokato arrived late and turned the battle, but Tamanjary was already lost.

The surviving Tamanjaryans turned to worshipping Ratuk only who saved them by gifting them with shapechanging. They became sea nomads and disappeared to the east and north, into the Sea of Fog.

Now, in the third age they have returned as pirates and plunderers, with an increasing imperial ambition.

Do You Yahoo!?