Re: Uz claiming the land

From: stefan.drawert_at_...
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 12:07:57 +0100

Hallo James,

Montag, 20:17:54, schrieb James:

>> I recently wondered if and how the Uz magically "claim" the land they live and
>> hunt in, something similar to the heortling's Wyter. I couldn't find
>> anything about this topic in UtToG or HW.
James> Huh! Funny, I've had two thoughts about that:
James> One is, yes, they do have appropriate protection magics. In DagInk, it's
James> the big shadows that wander the land (I think Stephen Martin did a
James> writeup for BoDR:D).

is more information about this available online? I don't have BoDR:D [it actually took me some moments to figure out what this could mean :)], so I'd be glad for any further comments on this topic.

James> The Castles of Lead and KygerLiths also serve a function, allow Kyger
James> Litor to "incarnate" herself into the land, if I understood Greg
James> right. That's why the "full" uz lands have them, but the runty lands
James> don't. ; )

that makes me wonder if there could be a similar ability for Orlanth or at least Ernalda, sensing "disturbances" in the air or the on the land and let their most faithful worshippers [disciples?] know about it.

James> Finallyy, I have in my own HW Uz campaign writeup (which I'm slowly trying
James> to finish writing up) a ritual for clan great mothers (and also tribal
James> great mothers) to exert their ownership and authority over a given
James> land.

would be interesting to figure out where such a claim begins and where it ends: does the wyter sense anything below the soil, and what about caves like the rainbow mounds which are on orlanthi lands? part of the problem I see is that Wyters seem not to be not aligned to specific elements, at least not that I'd know. that would make handle their spheres of influence far easier

James> Sorry if this iis brief and badly typed, but I'm using a Bulgarian James> keyboard in my office, and the cursed thing is'n't comfortable!

no problem, I used a japanese screen to read your message and it still worked =)

thanks for your quick and informative response

--
All Your Base Are Belong To Us!,

 Stefan
 Dienstag, 11:46:27

.||| mailto: stefan.drawert_at_...
.||| visit: www.clubintakt.de
.||| 06:04:2002 -- Elin wird 2! & club in:Kamp - party