Re: Uz claiming the land

From: James Frusetta <gerakkag_at_...>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2002 14:17:54 -0500 (EST)

> I recently wondered if and how the Uz magically "claim" the land they live and
> hunt in, something similar to the heortling's Wyter. I couldn't find
> anything about this topic in UtToG or HW.
Huh! Funny, I've had two thoughts about that:

One is, yes, they do have appropriate protection magics. In DagInk, it's the big shadows that wander the land (I think Stephen Martin did a writeup for BoDR:D).

The Castles of Lead and KygerLiths also serve a function, allow Kyger Litor to "incarnate" herself into the land, if I understood Greg right. That's why the "full" uz lands have them, but the runty lands don't. ; )

Finallyy, I have in my own HW Uz campaign writeup (which I'm slowly trying to finish writing up) a ritual for clan great mothers (and also tribal great mothers) to exert their ownership and authority over a given land.

Sorry if this iis brief and badly typed, but I'm using a Bulgarian keyboard in my office, and the cursed thing is'n't comfortable!

Cheers,

James